Monday, August 3, 2009

In the presence of God

I sat and waited on Saturday......waiting for my God to reach down father than my hands could reach up...and I was at peace.

Under the ackee tree, I gave thanks to a mighty father who knows me more than I know myself....I thanked him for sticking around despite my failings. I was surrounded as I whispered my prayer, enveloped, wrapped in his arms by the cool breeze which filtered through every pore of my skin, and I felt blessed.

I sat immobile, and felt the long week of battles fought...some won, some lost, tiptoe up my spine and into my shoulders, rushing to be released into the wind. The stress of everday life, my interaction with Boogie which stirred up sentiments and thoughts of whether we had done the right thing, all conspired to test my faith, and I knew the battle could not be fought by me, so I called upon the keeper of my faith and I was at rest.

I gave thanks, thanks that I was one of the chosen to live for yet another day. Thanks that despite my circumstances my trust in my Lord and Saviour continued to grow..albeit haphazardly. Confident I was though, somewhat, that soon there would be a seamless transformation of me. I gave thanks that God was not like man, for I would have perished long ago if he had the hard heart of my brothers and sisters.... if he counted my mishaps against me. I gave thanks that it was another weekend for recovery and replenishing of spirit.

As the sunlight pierced through my eyelids beaming down a promise of blessing, I felt my shoulders sag into relaxation...aaahhh. I was as light a cloud, remembering the beauty of the Budgie which stopped by on a limb:0) and as I listened keenly to natures silence, I was interrupted by a toiuch on my thigh..... reality kicked in and I decided to send up praises from the safety of the great indoors rather than to fall prey to the reptiles which plague the canopy above.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I gave thanks that God was not like man, for I would have perished long ago..." - true words! Nice reflective post.