Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Prayer.....Again

My Lord…My God

When the principalities spoken of old rise up against me I fail to see you first.
Forgive me.

In darkness I continue to fight, ever striving toward your light….buckling at the simplest of tests…clinging to the feverish cry within of mind induced hopelessness…a lie
Forgive me.

The table prepared with your bounty for me is more than I asked, you have never blessed me half & half….A complete reward stored up and released in my time of utmost need. Forgive me for not acknowledging at all times that in adversity, we are made perfect and you strength is magnified.

Sometimes blessings take forms we never imagine…..hearing the birds sing, seeing a beautiful crimson sunset, wishing the thick clouds which cover the highest mount were sent to rest your weary head upon….Sometimes I remember to give thanks for the blessings seen and unseen….even if its spawned from my weak faith in times of challenge.

For he shall keep in peace those whose minds are stayed on Him.

No comments: