Friday, September 4, 2009

Big Up All Di Bredren Dem

I watched a big silver moon raise up in the sky last night....a Smirnoff Apple Vodka and tonic water drink in my hand and a beautifully crisp, cool night...and I reflected on my earlier conversation who I now accept as a bredren.

Being easy with someone is a blessing...we spoke about 'politricks', expecting the worst at all times to avoid disappointment in life, women's sensitivity when they catch their man ogling another woman's ass, we spoke about the main bits and pieces of our lives 3 weeks prior and the virtues of free weights muscle building as against the weaker muscle toned by machines...a concept I'm beginning to agree with.

We talked on and on about the miseducation of the J'can youths by the dancehall Kings whose messages we feel should convey "guh tek yuh book suh yuh nuh haffi pack bag inna di supermarket and get vex wid people like a dem mek yuh idle out yuh future pan di streets"...we were particularly hard on Vybz Kartel cause he's actually a lot more astute than people would think.....we spoke about everything and nothing and it was quite liberating to be this comfortable with a dude I'm not fucking, anymore.

Of course initially the odd reference to our hot bodies passionately connecting and connecting entered the conversation with pointed reminders of how sexy I am and how hard his body is...But I suppressed the images of his naked torso and strong arms while crossing my legs to quell the rising fire there and was successful in remaining focused on friendship....which is too a blessing.

So I tip my hat, I curtsey to a bredren who was there when I needed him to be just that...give thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well sometimes we all need just a 'bredren' ('sistren' in my case) to chill with even though there is some romantic history.

Emanicipated? said...

Yep