Friday, September 11, 2009

A Father's Gifts

“The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul...”

I’ve always been a praying woman and I’m thankful that my upbringing was grounded in God, albeit against my will at times….Yes, unfortunately it seems my attendance at Church growing up was done under such duress that I was not receptive to much more than the foundation principles of Christianity...they are what I clung to in the past, and are still the rock on which my faith is built today.

By now you all know I find beauty in simplicity, so “Our Father” is still the prayer I say most nights and Psalm 1, 23 and 121 are the passages which resonate most with me…simplicity.

Two days ago I saw a drawing of a hand protruding through the clouds with a rose for a lone girl sitting on the seashore…..it was an aahh inspiring experience and I hoped that day that God would give me a rose……and he did....When I got home I picked the last Julie mango on the tree…twas sweet caaan done, and I gave thanks and smiled most of the rest of the evening.

Last evening I thanked the Lord for two more gifts…one on the side of health, as I’ve been awaiting the results of tests for the past coupla weeks….the Lord kept my mind occupied and my blood pressure reasonably stable throughout the period and I promised Him I'd stay chaste if he delivered good results. On "D-Test Results Day", He gave me a song in my heart and on my lips and enough work to consume my every minute before my appointment….this was good......the results weren’t great but they weren’t the worst and the knowledge was quite liberating…so I lifted up my hands in thanks.

On a leisurely drive to my father’s house said evening I reflected on the Grace given me and I was at peace. When I pulled up to the gate I saw that the painting which I’d wanted to complete for a few weeks now was finally done….It made my heart swell to be so blessed..so I sent up praises again to my shield and protector, the one who gives me rest.

The concept is simple…be faithful to Him and he will be faithful to you and bless you abundantly.

No comments: