Thursday, September 24, 2009

Never Question the Big Man

Tired...Drained...Weak....overall diagnosis...Unwell but recovering. My questioning of God was rewarded with illness and a trip to the hospital for emergency treatment Sunday night...endometriosis and lack of faith are a near lethal combination. I survived though, by the grace of God....and coconut water to lower my blood pressure.

I'm giving thanks today cause it could always be worse. Thanks to a pleasant..ish Dr and really nice nurses at Andrews Memorial Hospital - I was wheeled in and managed to walk out (upright) two hours later...My sistren cheered me on and was like a little 'ill-health Gnome' as I writhed in pain, waiting for the combination of "good drugs" to kick in....she was funny and I give thanks for people with a sense of humour....Thanks too to the policemen we met at the gas station buying coffee and Magnum Tonic Wine, as I treated myself to a little sweet...not a laughing matter, I found the energy to chastise the lot...Thanks to cable TV which was my refuge as I tiptoed in and out of sleep for two days and caught a few good programmes....Thanks for 24hour days, any longer and I would be writing a different kinda blog (one of these days I will learn how to rest)....Thanks to coconut water which really works wonders for relieving the blood vessel bursting pressure behind the eyes and up the nape of the neck...Thanks for sick days.....Thanks for life.

"In everything give thanks for it is God's will in Christ concerning you"....Thessalonian 1 5 vs 18

No comments: