Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trust

A buddy on Tagged sent me a beautiful embed yesterday and it took my breath away. T'was a simple picture of a man sleeping on his tummy and his woman sleeping on his back...bodies perfectly formed together in trust...her trust that he will support her completely, and his trust in her to let him do so.

The image unravelled me somewhat as I wondered whether I would ever be capable of reposing such trust in anyone but myself....she seemed so at rest. Currently my journey with Christ in my vessel has been rocky, fraught with obstacles both man made and of evil principalities....my road has been rough and unassisted by my innate flaw to guard my control over self and surroundings selfishly.....Giving In...it seems such a simple thing, but still I procrastinate.

Ordinarily I don't wonder about the Lord's abilities but sometimes I reflect on whether he knows what he has gotten himself into with me...will I really make it? When thoughts like that enter my head I think about the fact that he has never left my side, even when I was more than unholy....I think about the numerous times he touched my heart and I said no, I think about how gracious he had been to keep on trying despite my sins,....So when I am overcome with thoughts of not making it, I think about the lesson of the stone that the builder refused, and how same became the corner stone...and I am comforted.

Now when I am engulfed by doubt I thank him for where he took me to in order to raise me up and where he will lead me if I just trust him to direct my every path even when the controlling I in Me blocks my resting in his safety....he will not give up on me so its the least I can do to keep on trying to keep his commandments.

No comments: